Illustration: The Second World War Illustration: The Second World War
 
 

The Second World War

 
 

The Second World War

During the war, the building (which had only recently been reconstructed) was again damaged on several occasions by bombs, particularly affecting the roof and glass dome of the Aula.

After the war, it housed the senior administrative offices of the Allied Control Council. Until 1970, the Palace of Justice also contained the Federal Ministry for Justice, now accommodated in the Palais Trautson, which lies opposite the Palace of Justice in Neustiftgasse.

 

 
ogh.gv.at | 11.12.2018, 19:12
(http://www.ogh.gv.at/en/the-palace-of-justice/the-second-world-war/)

Oberster Gerichtshof  |  Schmerlingplatz 11 , A-1010 Wien - Vienna  |  Phone: +43 1 52152 0  |  Fax: +43 1 52152 3710